Hello! Welcome to What The Fudge!
My name is Claire, I'm a 31 year old mum of four from Scunthorpe and the owner of What The Fudge.
I specialise in creating the most delicious, melt in the mouth fudge, and I make every single batch the old fashioned way, which does take a very long time, but the end result is worth every second.
My fudge is not the gritty, hard or crumbly kind, it is deliciously soft and melts away in your mouth.
My fudge is not one of the recipes you see floating around on social media that is made in the microwave or slow cooker - mine is comprised of my very own secret recipe which has taken me years to perfect.
I often get asked the question, "How did it all start?"
In the summer of 2014 we had a new kitchen installed, and I started playing around with all sorts of recipes. One day I decided to have a go at making some fudge, it turned out....OK. Being the perfectionist that I am, I needed to get it right. So I continued to make more, and eventually started giving samples to friends and family who thought it was so good they even suggested that I started selling it.
So I set the wheels in motion and registered with my local council, gained a 5* kitchen inspection, took a food safety and hygiene course, and voila! Here we are today!
Why choose my fudge?
All of my fudge is made the old fashioned way, meaning it does take a long time to make, but the end result is definitely worth it. I have spent so many hours, trials and errors getting it right, and feel I have now reached perfection; a gorgeously smooth fudge that simply melts in your mouth. I even source some of my ingredients from other countries to make it the best.
All of my produce is lovingly made in small batches, not in a microwave or slow cooker, it is truly a luxury product and work of art (and science).
Please take some time to look around my page and if you do have any queries then don't hesitate to get in touch.
Claire - Founder of What The Fudge
Important Information and Terms & Conditions
- Best Before is 3 weeks.
- Date is displayed on website listings or on the product label.
- Store at room temp in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.
- Ensure correct shipping address is entered - I cannot be held responsible for posting to the wrong address.
- Once an order has processed, amendments cannot be made.
- Refunds will not be given for items ordered by mistake.
- Payments for orders made by E-Cheque will not be despatched until payment has cleared.
- Failure to select the correct shipping option may result in a delay in shipping your order.
- It is the buyers responsibility to arrange collection of their order, you must contact us to do so. Orders not collected will be destroyed when they are past their best before date and customers accounts blocked who repeatedly do so.
- I cannot be held responsible for items damaged by heat during the warm months, all orders are placed at buyers risk.
- My basic fudge recipe will contain no nuts or gluten but does contain dairy.
- Suitable for vegetarians - dependant on toppings and inclusions.
- Adding toppings and inclusions means different flavours may contain the above. Please check with me or the label before consuming.
- Although my kitchen is kept very clean and I wash utensils between flavours, I can't guarantee my fudge is completely allergen free due to working with all food types in my kitchen.
Please contact me first if you do have an allergy BUT if you are still unsure please do not buy my fudge.
My basic fudge contains no gluten but does contain dairy.
Below is a rough guideline to the nutritional information based on a 70g bar of fudge. Please bare in mind this will slightly vary depending on flavours.